If you are a pasta lover, then this is the best Sausage vegetable pasta recipe that you will definitely love to try this, because healthy Sausage vegetable pasta recipe is made with lean Italian turkey sausage, broccoli, corn, cherry tomatoes, and garlic and, Anybody can make this pasta easily at home.
Now, Let’s dig into this recipe more. First, let’s talk about this killer combination of veggies. The Sausage vegetable pasta recipe uses fresh broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and corn. If you can find fresh corn, that works very well. The same goes for the cherry tomatoes. Fresh will taste the best, but if you can’t find any flavorful tomatoes, then you can substitute canned diced tomatoes instead. Always think about what will give you the best flavor. This fresh, easy Sausage vegetable pasta recipe comes together in under 30 minutes! filled with fresh vegetables and cheese.
Now, let’s come to the sausage, The sauce for this pasta is a simple combination of olive oil with the flavors of the cooked sausage, veggies, and then a touch of pasta water to thicken things up. You will be amazed that the dish feels flavorful and moist without ever creating an official sauce. Then, top with some Parmesan cheese and dinner is ready.
There are so many options when it comes to healthier sausage these days. So, you can also make your own sausage using this Italian sausage seasoning.
Now, you can check out the sausage vegetable pasta recipe here,
Ingredients for Sausage vegetable pasta recipe:
- 6 oz lean Italian turkey sausage
- 12 oz high fiber ziti
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped (more to taste)
- 2 cups corn (fresh, canned, or thawed frozen)
- 12 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
How to make pasta:
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of salt to the water, and cook the pasta until it’s al dente. Before draining the pasta, reserve a cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, break apart the sausage into small pieces and cook in 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saute pan until nicely browned (about 10 minutes or so).
- While the pasta is cooking and sausage is browning, rinse your broccoli florets and halve any of the tomatoes that are especially large.
- Once the sausage has browned, add the broccoli and garlic to the pan, stir to combine everything and then reduce the heat, cover the pan and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the corn and tomatoes, cook covered for 2 to 3 minutes. Now, add the drained pasta, reserved pasta water, salt, and remaining olive oil. Stir to combine everything over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, you can dump everything into the pasta pot to combine if your saute pan is not quite large enough.
- Turn out to a warmed pasta bowl and serve with grated parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if you like now, vegan creamy sausage pasta is ready and anyone can use these types of sausage pasta recipes and other healthy pasta and sausage recipe.